Orange Cyberdefense is a specialist cyber security services and solutions company and we are currently seeking an ambitious and driven 1st Line Support Engineer to join our team in Maidstone, Kent.
As our 1st Line Support Engineer, you will report to the SOC Manager and will provide support for security products including firewalls, VPN and intrusion detection as a part of our busy Secure Operations Centre. You will be capable of working under pressure, possess excellent customer service and communication skills, and have a logical, methodical approach to troubleshooting.
You will ideally be an energetic and enthusiastic graduate looking to start a new career in the IT Security Industry!
You will be required to undertake shift work which include early, core, and late shifts. There is also weekend work required roughly once every two months.
Your key responsibilities as a 1st Line Support Engineer will include the following:
- First point of call for customers raising incidents
- Answering customer queries via telephone
- Logging or updating tickets as quick as possible with as much accurate information
- Logging and assessing monitoring alerts
- Logging and assessing threat event alerts
- Analysing and creating change specifications for simple change
- Implementing simple change
- Ensuring timely escalation to next level engineers or Management tier
- Shadowing next level engineers
- Creating and updating process documentation
- Low level project work
You must have the following skills and experience to join us as a 1st Line Support Engineer:
- You will possess some networking or IT knowledge, most likely from a recent degree or equivalent recognised certification such as CCNA/JNCIA
- You must have a flexible 'can do' approach to problem resolution
- You will ideally be familiar with Checkpoint, Juniper or Cisco firewalls
- You will preferably have experience with F5 load balancers, Aruba wireless and/or Websense or Symantec
- Prior experience working within a 1st Line Support role would be extremely beneficial
By joining one of the world’s leading cyber security companies, you will be offered the following:
- An opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and a role that allows for a deeper understanding of the industry
- Competitive salary
- A supportive work environment, working alongside industry experts
- Private medical healthcare
- Health cash plan
- Company pension
- Excellent training
- Life insurance
- A free annual eye test
- Company events several times per year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perkbox incentives
- A free birthday gift!