Orange Cyberdefense is a cyber security services and solutions company and we are currently seeking a Night Support Engineer to join our team in Maidstone.
The role of the Night Support Engineer is to provide first line high level support towards security products including firewalls, VPN, intrusion detection as part of managed services solutions, for customers in our busy Security Operations Centre.
The Support team operate on a split day shift system working 4 nights on followed by 4 nights off (inclusive of weekends and bank holidays), covering the hours between 9.30pm to 7.00am Monday to Friday and 7.00pm-7.00am Saturday and Sunday.
Your key responsibilities as a Night Support Engineer will include:
- Acting as first point of call for customers raising incidents
- Answering customer queries via telephone
- Logging or updating tickets as quick as possible with as much accurate information
- Logging and assessing monitoring alerts
- Logging and assessing threat event alerts
- Analysing and creating change specifications for simple change
- Implementing simple change
- Ensuring timely escalation to next level engineers or Management tier
- Shadowing next level engineers
- Creating and updating process documentation
- Low level project work
To join us as a Night Support Engineer, the following qualifications and experience is required:
- You must have excellent IT networking knowledge
- You will be able to work as a part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- You will have an IT related university degree or equivalent recognised certification such as Cisco CCNA, CompTIA Security+ etc
- You will ideally have experience working in a customer support role in an IT department
- You must have excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- You will ideally have experience working with vendors such as Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco, F5, Symantec or Aruba
By joining one of the world’s leading cyber security companies as a Night Support Engineer, you will be offered the following:
- An opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and a role that allows for a deeper understanding of the industry
- Competitive salary
- A supportive work environment, working alongside industry experts
- Private medical healthcare with BUPA
- Health cash plan with SimplyHealth
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- A free annual eye test
- Company events several times per year
- Work laptop and phone
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perkbox incentives
- A free birthday gift!
This role is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to excel within the cyber security industry!
Please send your CV now for immediate consideration.