Orange Cyberdefense is a specialist cyber security services and solutions company and we are currently seeking a SecOps Analyst to join our UK team.
This is a key position being the bridge between the customer and Orange Cyberdefense service teams. As part of your role, you will have the opportunity to understand the customer environment in-depth and assist both sides to improve the services delivered.
You will be an important component of our customer’s IT security and will be a trusted advisor internally and for the customer.
Your primary responsibility will be to resolve incidents screening and testing the organisation’s security software for vulnerabilities and prevent future threats in relation to clients that you are assigned to work with.
Your key responsibilities as a SecOps Analyst will include to:
- Join daily meetings with the customer to review actions from the previous day and work with them to establish further actions required.
- Ensure that all reports and client-facing documents are of the highest quality.
- Conduct in-depth and sophisticated analyses on alarms and events received by our customers.
- Recommend customers alternative actions or self-fix problems, based on contract and type of incident.
- Implement threat hunting, threat modelling, and threat intel activities to proactively detect threats.
- Work with security automation and orchestration as required.
- Analyse events from end-points and network sensors for anonymous behaviour.
- Continuous improvement work to help optimize and streamline detection methods and alarm management.
- Provide a conduit between various other departments that have services provided to them by Orange Cyberdefense to provide first and second lines of investigations through analysis and recommended actions, along with some prescriptive actions taken on various security technologies.
- SecOps Analysts must continuously learn about emerging technologies and security trends.
You must have the following skills and experience to join us as a SecOps Analyst:
To succeed in this role, you must be proactive, self-motivated and responsible. As we are constantly working to develop and improve our delivery and working methods, you need to be open to change and be able to make suggestions for change yourself.
You enjoy working with analysis and strong intellectual curiosity to look into details and problems you encounter. At Orange Cyberdefense, there is a strong team mentality colleagues always support each other. So if you are a team player who appreciates cooperation with others this will be welcome.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in IT information security or IT forensics or experience equivalent in the job.
- You must have a strong understanding of attack vectors and methodologies.
- You will be up to date understanding of latest cyber threats and associated business risks.
- You will have strong knowledge of networking both native and cloud with logical and methodical thinking towards troubleshooting.
- You must have an understanding of networking fundamentals, TCP/IP, and core protocols.
- You will have knowledge of Windows & Linux operating systems (bonus for any command-line skills).
- You will preferably have experience in log monitoring and SIEM (ideally Splunk), log management and vulnerability management.
- You will preferably have experience with Proofpoint, BeyondTrust, Crowdstrike.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate to both a technical and non-technical audience.
By joining one of the world’s leading cyber security companies as a SecOps Analyst, you will be offered the following:
- An opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and a role that allows for a deeper understanding of the industry
- Competitive salary
- A supportive work environment, working alongside industry experts
- Private medical healthcare
- Health cash plan
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- A free annual eye test
- Company events several times per year
- Work laptop and phone
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perkbox incentives
- A free birthday gift!
Please send your CV now for immediate consideration.