Orange Cyberdefense is Europe's leading cyber security services and solutions provider, and we are currently looking for a 2nd Line Security Engineer to join our team in Maidstone.
The role of the 2nd Line Security Engineer is to provide second line support and act as an escalation point for our First Line support team in our busy Security Operations Centre.
It is essential that you are able to work under pressure and possess excellent customer service and communication skills as well as having a logical and methodical approach to troubleshooting.
The Support team operate on a split day shift system working on a 7 day a week Rota basis, covering the hours between 7am to 9.30pm. There is also a requirement to cover weekend shifts, roughly once every 4 weeks which is reimbursed with days in lieu and an out-of-hours callout, again on a rota basis for which an on call fee plus overtime at industry standard rates is paid.
Your key responsibilities as a 2nd Line Security Engineer will include:
- To provide second line support and escalation of helpdesk tickets to our customer base, working to specific SLA’s
- Providing remote support and change management assistance to our customer base on a 24x7 basis as required
- Managing and monitoring call queues ensuring adherence to customer SLA’s
- Proactive Technical account management for mid-range clients, managing software life cycle and patching and upgrades for customers.
- To provide Quality Assurance checking as part of the Orange Cyberdefense and customers change control process
- Ensuring that all case related documentation is clear, concise and updated in the Helpdesk/CRM systems
- Ensuring that customers are updated continuously on the status of their issues
To join us as a 2nd Line Security Engineer, you need to have the following skills and experience:
- Basic commercial experience administering and supporting at least two of the following technologies: Checkpoint Firewall, F5, Cisco, Fortinet, Pulse Secure, Palo Alto
- Ideally hold at least one of the following certifications: Checkpoint CCSA, Juniper JNCIS (ScreenOS, SRX, JSA/MAG), Cisco CCNP (Security - Pix/ASA), F5 CSE (LTM/GTM/APM/ASM),
- Experience in either a customer facing support or engineering role working with security products from our portfolio as above
- Solid understanding of networking technologies, LAN/WAN, routing, switching, IP sub-netting, and will possess a good understanding of the 7 layer OSI model and associated protocols.
- Linux based Operating Systems and application experience
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing at all levels
By joining one of the world’s leading cyber security companies as a 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will be offered the following:
- An opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and a role that allows for a deeper understanding of the industry
- Competitive salary
- A supportive work environment, working alongside industry experts
- Private medical healthcare
- Health cash plan
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Company events several times per year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount scheme
Please send your CV now for immediate consideration.