Orange Cyberdefense is a specialist cyber security services and solutions company and we are currently seeking an ambitious and driven 1st Line Support Engineer to join our team in Maidstone, Kent.
As our 1st Line Support Engineer, you will report to the SOC Manager and will provide support for security products including firewalls, VPN and intrusion detection as a part of our busy Secure Operations Centre. You will be capable of working under pressure, possess excellent customer service and communication skills, and have a logical, methodical approach to troubleshooting.
You will ideally be an energetic and enthusiastic graduate looking to start a new career in the IT Security Industry!
You will be required to undertake shift work which include early, core, and late shifts. There is also weekend work required roughly once every two months.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Being the first point of call for customers who need to raise an incident
- Answering customer queries via telephone and email
- Logging and updating tickets as quick as possible, ensuring the highest accuracy at all times
- Logging and assessing monitoring and threat event alerts
- Ensuring timely escalation to next level engineers/management
- Low level project work
- Undertaking training as required
You must have the following skills and experience:
- You will possess some networking or IT knowledge, most likely from a recent degree or equivalent recognised certification such as CCNA/JNCIA
- You will ideally be familiar with Checkpoint, Juniper or Cisco firewalls
- You will preferably have experience with F5 load balancers, Aruba wireless and/or Websense or Symantec
- Prior experience working within a 1st line support role would be extremely beneficial
By joining one of the world’s leading cyber security companies, you will be offered the following:
- An opportunity to join a fun, social and lively SOC team that are growing rapidly
- First class training in our dedicated training suite enabling you to grow and develop exponentially
- Company pension scheme
- Competitive salary and generous holiday allowance
- Private medical healthcare
- Life insurance
- A free annual eye test
- Company events several times per year
Please note, due to the current global situation and logistical challenges incurred, this role is currently on hold. Whilst you are welcome to apply, we will not be progressing with applications until later in the year. We thank you for your understanding.