Orange Cyberdefense is the the go-to security services provider for European organisations and their global affiliates and we are currently seeking an ambitious and driven 2nd Line Support Engineer to join our SOC in Maidstone, Kent.
As our 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will report to the SOC Manager and act as an escalation point for our first line support team in our busy Secure Operations Centre. You will be able to work under pressure, possess excellent customer service and communication skills, and have a logical approach to troubleshooting.
You will be required to undertake shift work which include early, core, and late shifts. There is also weekend work required once a month. You will also undertake on call duty, for which you receive additional pay.
Your key responsibilities in the SOC as a 2nd Line Support Engineer will include the following:
- Providing second line support and escalation of helpdesk tickets
- Managing and monitoring call queues
- Proactive technical account management for mid-range clients, managing software life cycle, patching and upgrades for customers
- Providing quality assurance checking
- Ensuring all case related documentation is clear, concise and updated in the CRM system
- Undertaking extensive training as required
You must have the following skills and experience to join us as a 2nd Line Support Engineer:
- You must have work experience supporting at least two of the following: Checkpoint Firewall, F5, Symantec, Cisco, Fortinet, Pulse Secure, Palo Alto – you must consider yourself an expert in at least one of these
- You must have solid understanding of networking technologies – routing, switching, LAN/WAN
- You must have Linux based Operating Systems and application experience
- You must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- You will ideally have a Juniper, Checkpoint, F5, Symantec or Cisco certification e.g. CCNP, CCSA, etc
- Any experience supporting Forcepoint, Juniper, Aruba or Sourcefire would be very beneficial
By joining one of the world’s leading cyber security companies as a 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will be offered the following:
- An opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and a role that allows for a deeper understanding of the industry
- Competitive salary
- A supportive work environment, working alongside industry experts
- Private medical healthcare with BUPA
- Health cash plan with SimplyHealth
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- A free annual eye test
- Company events several times per year
- Work laptop and phone
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perkbox incentives
- A free birthday gift!